College of Science Commencement: Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I RSVP for the ceremony?
Per the email invitation, go to http://cos2.arizona.edu/reg/ and follow the instructions. You must RSVP by Nov. 24th to ensure that you are listed in the program.
The deadline to RSVP for the ceremony is Tuesday, Dec. 9th by 11:59 pm.
- How do I get tickets? Is there a charge?
There is no charge for tickets. After you have RSVP’d, online you can pick-up your complimentary tickets up at:
Gould Simpson Bldg, Rm 935
(Dates: Nov. 24th - Dec.12th)
Mondays: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm OR Tuesdays: 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
YOU MUST RSVP FOR THE CEREMONY BEFORE WE WILL RELEASE YOUR TICKETS. Please only request the actual number of tickets that you need (up to 10). There is no charge for tickets. The deadline to pick-up tickets is, Friday, Dec 12th.
- I need more than 10 tickets! How do I get more?
Due to the increase in the number of graduates, we must carefully monitor our guest numbers to not exceed Centennial Hall's seating.
To pick up extra tickets: go to Gould Simpson Rm 935 on Monday, Dec. 15th, from 9am - 12 pm. You will be allowed up to 10 extra tickets, and it is on a FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVE basis.
- What if I miss the RSVP deadline, can I still participate in the ceremony?
You may still participate, but will not have a personalized slide as you cross the stage and may not have your name listed in the event program
- When is the University-wide Graduation ceremony?
As of this year, there will no longer be a University-wide Commencement ceremony for the Fall semester. Students graduating in the fall may participate in the Spring 2015 ceremony, if they choose.
Visit the Commencement web page at: http://commencement.arizona.edu, information is provided, to include details about individual Colleges and their ceremonies.
- When do I need to show up to Centennial if I'm graduating?
The ceremony begins at 9:00 a.m., and you will need to check-in at the front tables by the box office to get your name card. Please arrive an hour before the ceremony begins, at 8:00 am, to pick up your name card.
- How do I know where to sit?
All graduates will be ushered to sit with their departments.
- How do we get up on stage to be recognized?
You will be seated in Centennial Hall by department. An usher will signal your department to line up at the right of the stage. You will line up undergraduates first, followed by Master's students, followed by PhD's. You will hand your card to the person wearing the headphones at the top of the stairs. She will hand it back to you, and then you move forward and hand it to the name reader. Don't worry - it's very easy and goes very fast once you see it done the first time.
- When can I tell my family/friends to arrive at Centennial Hall?
The doors to Centennial Hall will open at 8:00 a.m. with the ceremony starting at 9:00 a.m.
- Where do I tell my family/friends to park for the ceremony?
Free parking is available throughout campus, but Tyndall garage is the preferred parking area.
- What do I wear?
We encourage you to wear cap and gown, but you can also wear business dress. Cap and gowns are available for sale through the UA Bookstore.
- I'm a graduate student with a mentor who will be hooding me. How does that work?
We reserve seats near the stage for mentors. When your department is called, your mentor will follow you onto the stage and hood you. Graduate students being hooded, must wear cap & gown.
- I saw a photographer taking photos during the ceremony; how can I order them?
When you RSVP'd, you let us know if you want to be contacted by the photographer or you can go to www.gradimages.com to order your prints.
- Who is the Speaker?
To Be Announced
- What if I need special accommodations for myself or guests?
- The stage for commencement is wheelchair accessible.
- For anyone needing assistance to and from the graduation ceremony, contact the UA Parking and Transportation Department, 626-7275 or at http://parking.arizona.edu.